Monday, June 3, 2013

Acrylic Landscape painting



     The first step I used to make this painting was by painting a very lightish blue and greenish sky. Then I drew out the mountains and the places were they seperate from the sky and the ocean, to make it look somewhat realistic I used little bits of white to make spots on the mountains where the snow would fall. For the snow I had to make a mixture of Tar Heel blue and white to seperate the lighting differences, and by doing that I made my light source come from the bottom right hand corner. My color scheme on this paniting was a mixture of neutral colors with cool colors. When I was painting the landscape I tried to make very light one direction type of brush strokes until I got to the bushes, then I let the paint brush bounce up and down off of the paper to make the sizes of the bush seem different. But if I could change anything of the painting it would have probaly been the blending I didn't do such a great job on blending the white parts on the mountains or on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment